Vincent Salomon FAST! Travel Award
The 2019 Vincent Salomon FAST! Travel Award call for applications is now open until the 31st of March 2019 to support attendance of students and early career scientists at a French science-related conference. Two scholarships will be awarded, each supporting expenses up to $2000. Cost may cover all or part of registration, transport, and accommodation. This award aims at encouraging New Zealand participation in FAST!.
- The proposal must be submitted by a student currently enrolled in a postgraduate program at a New Zealand University or by an applicant who has completed their PhD within the past 3 years.
- The conference must focus on a science, technology, engineering or innovation theme. This includes social sciences.
- The applicant’s project must demonstrate a France-New Zealand collaborative effort. Examples include (but are not limited to) French co-authors, host institutions in both countries, research focus by one national focusing on the other country, etc.
- The applicant must be accepted for an oral or poster presentation at the conference.
- The conference must be taking place before 30th April 2020..
- The applicant must hold New Zealand citizenship.
Scientific excellence will be a key selection criterion.
Submit an application
Applications must include:
- The abstract to be submitted to the conference
- One A4 page cover letter describing the relevance of the application to FAST! and the applicant’s motivations (please use standard font, margin etc.).
- A one page CV
- Details of up to two conferences that you would like to attend: name, date, location, webpage etc.
The application must be submitted in one single pdf file.
Please, email your application to email@example.com with subject line using the template “Initial of first name_last name_Vincent Salomon Award”.
- Opening date: 1st February 2019
- Closing date: 31st March 2019 (midnight NZ time)
- Results announced: 15th April 2019
The conference presentation must include the FAST! logo and a verbal acknowledgement to FAST! in the form of a short depiction of our mission and organisation.
A short report must be provided to FAST! by the successful applicant following the conference.
FAST! will select several scientific areas and the selection committee will make the final decision.