FAST! Student Conference Award
FAST! has opened a call for applications to support the student attendance to a New Zealand science-related conference. Four scholarships will be awarded to support expenses up to $600. Cost may cover all or part of registration, transport, and accommodation.
- The proposal must be submitted by a student currently enrolled in a postgraduate program at a University in France or New Zealand.
- The conference must focus on a science, technology, engineering or innovation theme.
- The student project must demonstrate a France-New Zealand collaborative effort, examples include (but are not limited to) French or New Zealand co-authors; host institutions in both countries; research focus by one national focusing on the other country; etc.
- The student must be accepted for an oral or poster presentation at the conference.
- The conference must be taking place within the 12 months following the announcement of the award by FAST!.
Scientific excellence will be a key selection criteria.
Submit an application – Applications must include
- The abstract to be submitted to the conference
- One A4 page cover letter describing the relevance of the application to FAST! and the student motivations (please use standard font, margin etc.).
- A one page CV
Please, email your application to email@example.com with subject line “FAST! Conference Award”.
Deadline for applications: 1 July 2018. Results announced: 1 September 2018.
The conference presentation must include the FAST! logo and a verbal acknowledgement to FAST! in the form of a short depiction of our mission and organisation.
A short report must be provided to FAST! by the successful applicant following the conference.
FAST! will select diverse scientific areas and the decision of the selection committee is final.