Application for “LabCitoyen”
If you’re 20-26 years old, speak French and you’re involved in promoting human rights and education, you could win a trip to represent New Zealand at LabCitoyen in Paris in July! Applications close on March 30, so be in quick.
The winning entrant will attend Labcitoyen 2018 in Paris from July 1-9.
Application deadline: March 30 2018
About Lab Citoyen
From July 1-9, about 60 committed young citizens from five continents who speak or are learning French will discuss major themes and debate international ideas.
LabCitoyen’s 2018 theme is “education and human rights”.
It aims to deal with the following topics:
• Education and development : raising literacy, reducing inequalities, women’s autonomy, and strengthening social cohesion.
• Education and health.
• Human rights education: working for gender equality, against racism, exercising citizenship, children’s rights.
• Education and access to employment: professioal teaching and training, francophonie, adult education.
• Strengthening education systems: public policy and national strategy, innovative education funding.
- New Zealand citizens
- 20 to 26 years old
- French speaking level of B1 or above ( DELF B1 or equivalent).
- show civic involvement (volunteering, political, humanitarian, civic or union) around the theme of “education and human rights”
Travel dates to Paris:
1-9 July 2018
All expenses are covered for the winning entrant, including international flights, accommodation, meals, transport, acitivities and insurance.
How to apply
Send a copy of the photo page of your New Zealand passport and a filesharing link of your video to email@example.com by March 30.
What your video should contain
What: A short introduction to the selection committee about yourself.
Content: a) a brief comment in English introducing yourself (name, school/job/university, family);
b) a short description in French of something you are passionate about and your social involvement
c) a short explanation in French of why you want to take part in LabCitoyen in France
How: Stand and talk to camera, be natural, no notes, talk from your heart! Let the committee get to know you; mistakes in French don’t matter.
Format: Record a video file, on your phone is fine.
Duration: 2 minutes minimum.
Deliver the finished video to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 30 March 2018